Flood insurance offers a range of options. Private flood insurance:
- Has rates of coverage higher than $250,000/$100,000 limits.
- Offers enhanced protection, especially for structures like garages and unattached buildings.
- May offer replacement value and loss of use coverages.
- Premiums may be less than for NFIP.
- Shorter wait times for policy to be in effect.
- May cover loss of business income.
- While private flood insurance can offer a great range of options, each homeowner’s situation must be carefully reviewed to review flood insurance carriers, homeowner location, property, and other factors to select the right coverage.